North Carolina has been my home for 17 years and its rich history, culture and natural beauty never ceases to amaze me. Here are some fun facts about the Tar Heel State that you may not have known!
1.North Carolina has one of the most diverse landscapes in the country.
2.The first known miniature golf course was built in Fayetteville, NC.
3.Cabarrus County, North Carolina, was the site of America’s first gold rush.
4. The first Pepsi was created and served in New Bern, North Carolina in 1898.
5. Jockey’s Ridge is the tallest natural sand dune system in the Eastern United States. Depending on the weather, its height can range from 80 to 100 feet!
6. Mount Mitchell is the tallest mountain in the Eastern United States.
7.The Biltmore Estate in Asheville is the largest private estate in world, it has 250 rooms!
8. Grandfather Mountain is home to the nations highest swinging bridge at one-mile high.
9. The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in the United States.
10.North Carolina is the largest producer of sweet potatoes in the Nation.